Monday 29 August 2011

Stone cutter

The Job race is on again
Over the past few months I have been getting up early and checking all the job sites to see if there may be something there. Well this morning I checked the FAS (Foras Áiseanna Saothair, Training & Employment Authority) and there is an internship for a General Operative (Stone Cutting). This is in a small company that makes marble products for sale to the tourist trade and overseas. Sounds like it is my kind of job as I would love to get back into the arts and craft industry again as I am a qualified cabinetmaker and an art student. I have sent in my CV ( CV stands for Curriculum Vitae which is the same thing as a Résumé) with cover letter and I will also phone them in the hope they will at least give me an interview. I know it is early days, but I kind of feel good about this one. 



Ten minutes later


I called the company that is advertising this internship and they say that FAS has not approved anything yet (even though it is advertised on the FAS website) and as soon as they get the go ahead they will review all the CV’s. I got the impression that they have received loads of CV’s. I just hope that they will at least look at mine.
It’s the highs and lows of being unemployed as I don’t feel as good about this one after all.  Well that’s an hour out of my life and it feels like I was on the roller coaster of the jobs market. I just want to feel like I am employable again.  I want to do something that is creative and constructive and artistic if a job like that exists. 
 The company that I applyed for the internship makes jewellery and gifts from Connemara marble.

No comments: