Monday 19 September 2011

I applied for another internship

I normally check the job sites each and every morning as I have been looking for employment or even an internship for the last 4 or 5 months. I would love to do any type of active work as I have worked in the customer service and office environment for far too long and found that sitting on my backside all day is not very good for my health or waste line for that matter. It would be fantastic to do something creative like the internship for a stone cutter that I didn’t get a few weeks ago or something like that. WELL after checking all the job sites religiously for the last few weeks and applying for whatever jobs that I could do, I overlooked one of my ideal jobs. THE JOB, or to be more accurate THE INTERNSHIP was for a furniture restorer in the Dublin area. This would be brilliant as it would be a way back into cabinetmaking once again. The company is looking for someone that they can mentor to do furniture restoration, French polishing and upholstery. This is something that I can do if I get a chance. When I started as a cabinetmaker apprentice many years ago (I sound old) furniture restoration is one thing I really wanted to do but did not get the chance and by the time I was a qualified cabinetmaker, I could not afford to give up my job as I had started saving to buy a house. I had also become institutionalised and myself belief and creativeness had become stifled and undermined by a very egotistical employer and a management regime. This is the main reason I never went back to cabinetmaking even though I so craved it.
ANYWAY as I was saying, I missed this internship that was posted on the FAS website last Friday. How I missed it I will never know and I am really peed off with myself about it. This morning applied for the said internship by emailing my C.V. with a cover letter. The only thing is, I am sure they have received hundreds of applications for this job and all I can do is hope. I cannot give them a call as it was made clear on the application, that they will only take emails. All I can do is live in hope. I just wonder when this unemployed hell will end as I am really starting to feel down in the dumps. As I said before, it is not the lack of money that gets to you. It’s the feeling of worthlessness. I just hope that this company will at least look at my CV and give me a call or even just email me. Wish me luck.

No comments: