Friday 1 July 2011

Donegal sky

I went home to Donegal for a few days as my aunt Veronica and Angela were visiting. My mum and Dad and two aunts had spent a week touring around Ireland, staying in hotels and living it up.  Good for them I say. They had a few days in Dublin and probably saw more of it than I have, even though I live there. It’s a wee bit embarrassing as they went to Kilmainham Gaol which is only down the road from me.  Needless to say, I have never been to Kilmainham Gaol which has important historical relevance for Irish freedom and our independence from the crown. Here is a link you can read.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilmainham_Gaol
After they had holidayed for a week or so, they all went back home to Donegal were they could really relax for a few days.  One evening the sky was so beautiful and the colours were so rich and varied they did not seem real. I would have loved to have painted a picture of the Donegal evening sky. I did however take a few photos that really don’t do justice to the beauty we have in North West Donegal. I think the polarizing filter has muted the colours, which is a shame as I think the photos could have been fantastic otherwise.
 Here is a few of the photos of our Donegal June sky.

No comments: