Saturday 4 June 2011

The plants I planted

 
I’m sure you all remember I blogged about the plants that I planted a few weeks ago?
Well if not, I planted  Sweet Pea, Pansy and other flowers. I also planted onion seeds, lettuce, sweet peppers tomatoes and other veg as well. They were in pots and I also purchased a few planters along with bags of compost and soil. It was only over the past few days, that they started to grow, which seems a wee bit slow to me. ANYWAY to cut a long story short. I had to go of and get my car tested today (NCT = National Car Test which is like the UK   M.O.T.) I left Rocky (my boxer dog) out in the back garden, on his own for about 2 hours. When I came back, I opened the back door AND by the look on Rockys face, I knew there was something wrong. I went out to the back garden and OMG; Rocky had torn everything to shreds. Every pot and planter that he could reach was smashed and flung about. It was like a tornado hit the back garden. The only thing I could do is tell rocky off and he is still out in the back garden BANISHED for now. I think he thought I was going to slap him because two years ago he did the same and I gave him a wee slap (this was the only time I ever slapped him and it wasn’t hard enough to hert either) Don’t think I will have any fresh veg or flowers this year, thanks to my k9 friend.  He is in the back and is afraid to come in the house. He knows he did wrong and I kind of wonder if he learned a lesson.

2 comments:

J said...

The poor dog is only 2 he is too young to know anything about gardening yet but at least he is trying to help, maybe he thought you had something hidden in the pots!anyway are you sure anything happened at all? I just watched the youtube clip and people from Ramelton don't seem to have a sure grip on reality - youre from there so maybe check the garden again- you never know....

Marknine said...

Thanks for your comment J. You could be right about the dog trying to help in the garden. I’m going to send him out with a spade and a few spuds to plant. As for the pots that he broke, maybe it wasn’t the correct thing to hide food in them. You see the fridge was full, so I thought it would be a good place. As for Ramelton people not having a good grasp of reality, well we do, although it’s a wee bit different from everyone else. AND I have taken your advice about checking the back garden, but it is still the same I’m afraid. I will however check the garden again in about an hour’s time. Well you just never know? Thanks J.