Monday 18 June 2012


I bought a few new lenses instead


I was supposed to purchase a few “sacks of crap” so I could do a video review on them. As I said, a “sack of crap” is a mystery sell off that an internet company will sell, and basically it is a bag with items that just did not sell or with damaged packaging, and are sold off to clear the shelves for new stock. I decided that I would not buy them and put the money towards a new lens for my camera. So I purchased a few add on lenses and will post a review in my next posting.

 

This is a sculpture that I made 6 or 7 years ago, if not more. It was made from shredded and pulped paper and mixed with cement as an artistic experiment. The sculpture was hung up on the garden wall and exposed to the Irish weather. After about 5 years, some of the pulped paper started to delineate and the sculpture became a habitat and food for insects. One day I was in the garden and I foolishly started to mess with the sculpture and like an eejit, I dropped it and unfortunately brock the fekin thing, so the sculpture became no more. I might make another sculpture, using the same materials and maybe add some organic matter like leave and grass. It would be interesting to see how it changes, as the material starts to breakdown and decompose.
That a future project that I consider.

No comments: